The Saddle Seat
A perfectly designed seat anatomy and ergonomics ensure a safe and correct seat. kieffer saddle models are available in the following seat styles:
- Flat seat - used primarily for jumping
- AT - anatomically deep - used in all disciplines (note: Size 0 always comes standard with AT seat)
- Half deep seat - used primarily for dressage
- Deep seat - used for dressage
Saddle size or seat size
The saddle size refers to the size of the seat area and is selected according to the build and anatomy of the rider. kieffer saddles are generally available in sizes 0, 1 and 2 from qualified dealers.
The channel width of the saddles is measured between the ends of the tree tips and is set for all saddles ex works at 32 cm independently of the seat size. However, this measurement is to be considered a variable, depending on the flocking of the panels. If ordered through a qualified dealer, the channel width may be individually adjusted according to customer requirements already prior to delivery.
The insides of our panels are filled with a shock-absorbing foam material and synthetic wool. Due to the flocking with synthetic wool, the panels don't take up humidity and therefore keeping them in shape and elastic for a long time.
A wedge-shaped cushion sewn into the back end of the panel provides for an optimized saddle fit in the back part. A wedged cushion in the front area enables a more individual customization to the horse's shoulder area.
The rolls are attached to the saddle in two different ways, depending on the saddle model.
1. The roll is attached to the panel under the saddle flap, thus providing a very soft knee support.
2. The roll is mounted directly on the saddle flap, which has a stabilizing effect on the rider’s seat.
The height of leg rolls varies according to purpose of the saddle and comes in three basic styles:
|Style of rolls
||Height of rolls|
|flat roll||3.0 - 4.5 cm high|
|medium-high roll||4.5 - 5.5 cm high|
|high roll||5.5 - 8.0 cm high|